World Cup 2012 – Umpire participation.
Umpire Schedule - click to download
In order to participate at the World Cup 2012 as an Umpire, each national team, club and/or school must provide Umpires based on the following criteria:
- Participation from 1 to 5 competitors – Umpire not required but Welcome.
- Participation from 6 to 25 competitors – one (1) Qualified “A” or “B” ITF Umpire required.
- Participation from 26 and more competitors – two (2) Qualified “A” or “B” ITF Umpires required.
N.B.: National team(s), club(s) and or school(s) NOT participating with Umpires shall pay a fine of € 250 for each missing Umpire.
Umpires must be in possession of and fulfill the following:
- 2nd to 8th degree ITF degree Black Belt Certificate
- “A” or “B” Class ITF Umpire Certificate
- They must be active at National and or International Events during the years 2011 and 2012
- They must have participated at one (1) or more ITF and/or Continental Umpire Course(s) during the last three (3) years.
- They must have participated at one (1) or more International Instructor Course (IIC) in during the last three (3) years
- They must attend the six (6) hours Umpire Seminar to be held at the 2012 World Cup.
The National team(s), club(s) and or school(s) must supply on or before July 1st, 2012 the excel file called “ 2012 World Cup Umpire Application Form” in order to request the candidates participation. The candidate shall receive the participation confirmation by e-mail on or before August 1st, 2012 in order he/she has enough time to book his/her travel.
The selected Umpires shall be divided into according their experience in:
- Jury Presidents
- Pattern Referees
- Centre Referees for Sparring
- Corner Referees for Sparring
- Power & Special Technique Referees
- Umpires NOT officiating according to the rules and regulations
- Umpires NOT attending the 6 hours course Umpire
- Umpires NOT being present during event when requested
shall not receive a daily expenses amount and shall be removed from the Umpire Hotel
Umpires shall be accommodated at:
The Imperial Hotel
First Avenue, Hove,
- Any extra days need to be paid by the Umpire.
- Umpires will share a twin room randomly.
- Umpires wishing a single will pay the difference of GBP £20.00 per day.
Participating Umpires shall receive from the organizing committee:
- 7 days/6 nights hotel accommodation (Tuesday to Monday) including a full board arrangement (breakfast, lunch and dinner) accommodated in twin rooms.
- Umpires may share the room with someone other than another Umpire however they must pay the requested room fee set by the organizer.
- Memory gift(s)
Participating Umpires shall receive from the ITF:
- A daily expenses amount
- An ITF certificate of participation